© 2008 Faughanvale Presbyterian Church
Meets 3rd Friday of each month
(Sept - May) 2:00 - 3:30pm
For anyone free on afternoons
Chilean Christmas Bread
200g SR flour, 100g Plain Flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 200g sugar, 115g butter,
125g sultanas and chopped almonds (mixed), 100g glace cherries, 75g mixed glace
fruit, 2 eggs, 250mls milk, ½ teaspoon vanilla essence, grated rind 1 lemon
1. Sift flour and baking powder.
2. Cut butter into pieces
3. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add sultanas and almonds, glace fruit, cherries and lemon rind to flour.
5. Fold into butter and egg mix.
6. Mix well and pour into a greased tin (20cm/8ins).
Bake at 150C (300F, Gas 2) for 1½ hours